The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Dodane Type 21 Chronograph C.E.V. with Valjoux 231

Hey guys,

to fund the restoration of a nice Vixa Type 20 chrono, I have to part with this amazing and super rare Dodane. Two points about the rarity:

I. The Chrono was used by the C.E.V. (Centre d’Essai en Vol), the test flight centre of the french Airforce. Just a few of the Type 21 watches were issued to the CEV.
II. It is driven by the ultra rare Valjoux 231. Sources say, its was just build 200 times.

Both features on its own would be cool, to have both in one watch: UBER COOL :D

Case:

The case is made of stainless steel. Its in nice, but was used of course. It got new pushers and a new crown. The bezel is also in good condition and turns freely. The Requirements for a Type 21 chrono demands a size of 38mm without crown, so this is the size. Lug width is 20mm.
The caseback clearly shows the CEV registration number.

Dial:

Dial color is a great black wich turns into a dark grey with direct light. The numbers still have their original tritium and is glowing for a few seconds under UV light. At 12 o clock and 10 you unfortunatly find a small damage.

Hands:

Original Dodane Type 21 hands with tritium.

Movement:

Ultra rare Valjoux 231 flyback movement. It was just serviced by my watchmaker so it runs great.

Since I haven't found a second one, pricing is a bit difficult. A normal Dodane is priced at 3.000€. I found a CEV Dodane for around 8K€, but this is a fantasy price of course. Cause of its rarity my asking price is 4.500€. If you think different, lets disuss it.

The watch is located in Germany, but I can ship it worldwide. Contact: doorgunner@gmx.de

Cheers Nico

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE