The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Omega bumper 2798-1 (seamaster) waffle two-tone dial

Up for grabs is a stunning Omega bumper waterproof case ref. 2798-1 from mid 1950s (serial 141****) with the 17 jewel bumper movement cal. 344.

This example boosts a beautiful two tone textured dial with clous the paris decoration, a sharp case, rose gold hands and hour markers, original crown and glass. Overall it appears in beautiful original conditions as shown in the pictures and summarized below.

Dial & hands: beautiful two-tone silver-champagne dial with rose gold arabic numerals and hour markers. The dial is original and in very good conditions for its age. The outer champagne sector is in perfect conditions, while the inner cream circle show few minor imperfections concentrated mostly between 6 and 9 o'clock (see the pictures). Hands and markers retain most of their original luminous material (do not glow anymore).
While this example features only the Omega automatic writings below the rose gold applied logo, the same watch configuration existed also with the Seamaster logo on the dial explaining the waterpoof case.

Case: oversized waterproof case ref 2798-1 measuring 34.5 mm without the crown and 37.5 mm including the crown. The case is sharp with superifical scratches and no major notches. The crown is original and appears correct to the model. The glass is marked with the omega logo in the centre and has a minor scuff at 6 o'clock. The band is in poor conditions but the buckle appears original although maybe from a later period.

Movement: appears in fair conditions and running well.

Accuracy and service history: service history is unknown. The watch runs smoothly and appears quite accurate, around 30 sec/day. Please notice that a service may be necessary and that this accuracy is only indicative and not guaranteed.

Price: I am asking 1350€ shipped for this watch.

Please have a detailed look at the high resolution pictures, they are part of the descirption.

I am a private collector and have no connection with omega. Myself and the watch are located in Spain.

Import duties/taxes and associated costs for shipments outside the European Union are responsability of the buyer.

Highest reliability offered and demanded. Pay with paypal and buy with confidence. For any doubt don't hesitate to contact me.

I have feedback on ebay as 'amazaonthemoon321' and you can check my instagram @amazaonthemoon.

Thanks CT for the space.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE