The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer / Abercrombie & Fitch Seafarer 2446SF

This is the final generation of the A&F Seafarer, the whole timeline of which can be found on Jeff Stein’s post from On The Dash. The subdials give information on tracking the tides, the moonphase, and timing yachting races; the outer bezel is a 'slow' tachymeter . The particulars of the watch are discussed in the condition section below.

Why am I selling?
I had two recent incomings and have a personal limit of 7 watches so some have to go.

Provenance
Bought locally after being found at an estate sale.

Condition
General Notes: The watch is in very good but used condition. All the parts are period correct for this watch. The watch had a full service this summer by Craig Bergsma (chronodeco), the go-to vintage Heuer watchmaker in the US. I had him replace the chronograph pushers on the right with NOS vintage pushers, which had some scuffs on them (I think the old ones are in my parts bin and will be included with the watch if I can find them).

1) There are three small blemishes along the rehaut. They aren't noticeable with daily wear but am pointing them out for completeness. Even with this, to quote Craig's email to me, “I think that is the nicest dial I have ever seen on one of these!” (these dials often have chipping around the subdials, which thankfully has not happened to this example)

2) The difference between the color of the hand lume and the hour marker lume is normal and accepted as correct for these examples.

3) The ‘slow' tachymeter bezel is uncommon as it is only correct for this iteration of the Seafarer and many of these came with the other/regular MH bezel.

4) The case is unpolished and the case back is the correct non-stamped variant with the 3 concentric half-circles at the edge.

5) Serial is 324xxx.

Accessories:
A pair of generic 20 mm endlinks to fit the watch to a GF/Heuer double grain BOR bracelet will be included (Squinky sells these for $225/pair).

Price: $20,000 net to me (plus cost of insured delivery).

Terms and Payments:
Preferred payment is by bank wire to my bank in the United States. I will consider other means of payment on a case-by-case basis. Watch will be shipped and insured for the price above via Parcel Pro. Watch is currently in Chicago, IL, USA but I will be in Europe this fall as well. Face to face is always preferred.

I will request an exchange of ID Documents and to talk on the phone to ensure both of us are happy with the authenticity of the sale. No returns for buyers remorse, only if the watch is not as described and then only within 3 days of purchase from date of delivery.

Thanks for looking, enjoy the rest of the pictures, you can find even more on my instagram feed @t_swiss_t.

-- Andrew

(the movement and inside of the case back pictures are from prior to service)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE