The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: NOS vintage BORs fitted for the Autavia 2446c

Hi all,

owning a 2446c snap back case Heuer Autavia i always wondered how to fit a vintage BOR bracelet to it w/o paying the high amount of money i'd to invest for an original GF bracelet these days. I finally found a real economic solution:

These are 20mm solid stainless steel brushed end links which fit the 2446c case perfectly and also go nice with the vintage BORs (originally with 18mm curved end links), since the outer parts of these bracelets are brushed, too.

I have a very limited amound of three of these bracelets left:

(Top two are sold already...)

I already have filed the small window of the end links a bit wider so that the three last links of the bracelet fit into the end link nicely w/o beeing bended. I also had to file the flanks of one end link a bit down to fit it in my Autavia case, so maybe you (or your watchmaker) have to do this, too.

The bracelets are approx. 16 cm length from lug pin to lug pin (see photo 4), they can be shortened by adjusting the clasp. As said, the end links fit into the 2446c snap back case, but maybe (!) also into other so called 'big boy' cases like the Wakman, Sinn 103 and so on. However, i don't give any guarantee for this, since i cannot test it. This clearly depends on the case and on the position of the wholes for the spring bars inside the lugs.

What you get is: the bracelet, a pair of solid end links, a pair of 20mm spring bars (diameter 1.5 mm). If you also own a watch which takes 18 mm curved end links I'll add the original end links for free.

I'd like 180€ for each, however one of them seems to have some stretch, it is 16.5 cm (bottom on photo 1), i will let this go for 160€. Shipping costs added & to be discussed. For simplicity, i prefer deals in the EU.

Feel free to ask any questions, thanks for looking,

rega

Please note: the watch is not for sale :)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE