The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Ulysse Nardin San Marco Alarm

Hi All,

For Sale is my UN San Marco Alarm.

This is a modern uncommon complicated Ulysse Nardin watch featuring an automatic selfwinding movement with mechanical alarm, day display and the day of the week aperture.
The chunky case with stepped lugs, silverized dial measures 38.4mm and 12.45mm thick and 44mm lug-to-lug. The case gleams. It seems larger than it is because of a thin fixed domed bezel.

Construction is absolutely top flight, Three-body case is rugged and sturdy, has the San Marco specific winged lion logo caseback with 8 screws engraved with the Venice seal. The crystal glass is scratch resistant sapphire.

The silver dial is really handsome: faceted applied baton markers and roman numerals, date at 3 o'clock and day at 6 o'clock, sword rhodium hands and arrow tipped alarm hand. Alarm is loud and vibrating and when it goes off would be very hard to missed.

It comes with its original metal bracelet, and extra link.

The 5008 is a great movement. Automatic winding for both the main and alarm barrels . A strong running movement with incredible proven record of reliability. It is used by everyone. Breguet use it in the XX alarm, Panerai use it, GP use it. I have had the Perrelet version and the Dubey and Schaldenbrand version, both were quite nice. A bit more research was needed on what people were doing with the movement. Ulysse Nardin claim that although they have used many movements not entirely of their own making, they have never bought complete movements. I understand also that when UN modify a movement, even a simple 2892, they replace upwards of 50% of the parts. Having bought the movement from ETA as a kit, the 5008 used by UN is completely built in-house and as I understand a very large number of parts discarded and re-engineered by UN themselves. So with the trust I have in UN I looked for a watch with their version of the 5008.

UN have taken some trouble to give the little alarm function some volume. In many watches there is a barely audible buzz. I don't know what they did to achieve this and I don't intend to remove the case back to find out. But it is louder than any other alarm watch I have handled including the memovox.

A great long discontinued collectible Ulysse piece that is as attractive as it is functional. Wooden polished box, instruction booklet enclosed.

Im based in London, although collection is preferred I don’t mind delivering it.

The price is £1950

I’m a TZuk member with ALL positive feedbacks of which I can provide evidence.

Thank you all for looking and to our host for the facility.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE