The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Rolex Submariner 5508 amazing case, spider dial

On sale today is a pretty amazing 5508. I know it is a taboo to mentioned a case that is unpolished, but i am of the opinion it is not. I will let you decide and see for yourself.

Gloss lacquer dial has aged with character, showing spider webbing, but consistent over the entire dial. Original lume plots are mainly all good, only the 4th hour marker very very slight chipping other than that, it is nearly flawless with a drop dead gorgeous sunset yellow patina. Original flat hour and minute hand set is in terrific condition. Later bezel insert with fat font kissing 40 in great condition.

Serial number (400XXX, circa 1958) and model number all sharp and clear in between the lugs.

Movement service history unknown, but high amplitude checked (around 280) with +1/2 seconds a day adjusted.

Let's move to the photos:

photo image1_zpsf1onrt1x.jpeg
 photo image2_zpskkvqrd5p.jpeg
 photo image3_zpsrgpssspv.jpeg
 photo image4_zpsj9gir8gg.jpeg
 photo image5_zpsrxyle4ii.jpeg
 photo image6_zpsnrkfahb9.jpeg
 photo image8_zpso7jcctri.jpeg
 photo image9_zpsgozx22qy.jpeg
 photo image10_zpsvrwztzm8.jpeg
 photo image11_zps3p50spfp.jpeg
 photo image12_zps4notrg64.jpeg
 photo image13_zps4uervbdw.jpeg
 photo image14_zps6tdxl95k.jpeg
 photo image15_zpspg3t0qj8.jpeg
 photo image16_zps3uovkiau.jpeg
 photo image17_zpsulyozh5r.jpeg
 photo image18_zpsgxzh0pee.jpeg
 photo image19_zpswssqaey5.jpeg
 photo image20_zpsvqqmqs60.jpeg
 photo image23_zps4hvesj6p.jpeg

I would like to ask for USD 32,000 shipped fedex'ed to your doorstep. I am located in Singapore, no issue shipping worldwide, been shipping worldwide for 15 years.
Please email me at reficul_x AT yahoo.com

Any question, please ask.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE