The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: My Carrera, Ref. 2447 NS (Black Dial / White Registers)

For Sale – Super Rare Vintage Heuer Carrera, Reference 2447 NS (Black Dial, with White Registers). Among the rarest of all the vintage Heuer chronographs -- I believe that we have seen fewer than five of these over the past decade, which makes this one far more rare than the Reference 2447 SN (white dial with black registers) or Reference 2447 NST (black dial with white registers, and tachymeter scale). I bought this watch from the original owner; he had the watch serviced, over its life, by the watchmaker here in the U.S. who many call “The Master”.

• Dial on this Carrera is just about perfect; all lume dots are original and in place; printing is strong
  • Inner bezel / tension looks perfect to my eye, with all hash marks intact
  • Case looks fantastic; polished perfectly by The Master; since then, only the very lightest scratches, from occasional wear; serial number 102752 (clear and sharp) indicates late production for second series 1960s, manual-wind Carrera
  • Hands are amazing; lume in the hands in perfect condition (to my eye); hands were replaced during servicing, but these hands are identical to the hands that were on the watch when it left the factory [i. e., they are not “service hands”]. Have a look at the second series Carrera 2447s shown OnTheDash, and you will see these hands on several late 2447 Carreras.
  • Chronograph functions (start / stop / reset) are quick and crisp; the watch is running well
  • Watch was serviced immediately before I purchased it; movement is exceptionally clean
  • I will sell this watch for the best offer over $15,000. (My sincere apology to those who do not like “Best Offer” listings; given the extreme scarcity of this watch and the recent increase in prices for the vintage Carreras, I feel that this “best offer” approach should be acceptable.)
  • Purchaser must pay actual cost of shipping and insurance (required); payment by bank wire or check; no PayPal
  • This Carrera is being sold on a simple leather strap, and not the bracelet shown in some of the photos; the bracelet is not for sale.
  • I am listing this watch late Wednesday night (October 7), here in Atlanta, and am planning to continue this offer until late Monday night (October 12), but I may extend this period until after that time and I may sell the watch earlier. If you want me to end this listing early, to sell you the watch, please make a very strong offer.

Two months ago, we saw a Reference 2447 SN Carrera sold on ChronoTrader, at a price above $14,000. I believe that this is the relevant “precedent” for the Carrera 2447 NS that I am selling, with some premium for the greater scarcity of the NS (black dial / white registers) model that I am offering.

E-mail with any questions. Several additional photos HERE, all starting with the number “1”.

Update (Friday, October 9, 8:00 AM, Atlanta time) -- Thanks for the amazing response to this watch!! Since listing it Wednesday night (32 hours ago), I have received five legitimate offers, above $15,000. Currently, the top offer is $20,000. I would like to complete the sale today (Friday, October 9), so please make offers accordingly.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE