The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Primato – poor man’s Heuer Autavia

For sale: Primato – poor man’s Heuer Autavia

CASE & CASEBACK: Very solid 3-piece steel case with pressure fit steel bezel and screw in case back measures 40 mm wide not including crown x app. 48 mm long x app. 12 mm high. There are only minor marks from wear and a few minor scratches. The lugs show minor wear and are very thick. The case back has minor marks from wear. I think the watch was never polished.
Overall very good vintage condition. The bezel looks very good with some minor blemishes. Excellent condition, turns freely. The outer back is marked ‘swiss made – all stainless steel - waterresistant – incabloc’ and is further marked with ‘395’. The original polish is still very well visible.

DIAL & HANDS: Extremely nice and original silver dial with beautiful silver and black on raised markers with puffy lume on the outer ends. All original dial text in black is crisp and legible. Above 6 o’clock marker: swiss. Hands in perfect condition and matching lume on dial. 2 sub dials: a black one with white print at 9 o’clock and a black one with bright orange accents at 3 o’clock. The seconds hands is bright orange.

CROWN & PUSHERS: Unmarked crown and pushers in very nice condition.

CRYSTAL: Plexi without any major scratches.

MOVEMENT: Powering this watch is a manual wound Valjoux 7733 movement. No service history known and squeaks a bit when wound. I have not timed it to the second but runs well and chrono function works. Given the age of the watch I will not guarantee the waterproofness of the watch. A service may be considered.

STRAP: Hardly used period correct tropic strap. Stainless steel buckle marked with inscription of a dolphin(?) jumping out of the water. This watch has a lug width of 20mm.

ACCESSORIES: None

ASKING PRICE: EUR 1.950, which includes fully insured worldwide shipping by registered mail.

FURTHER REMARKS: Given that I am raising money for a business venture no trades please. Payment in euro. Bank wire strongly preferred. Paypal to be discussed but you pay fees. Personal delivery within reason. I have dozens of feedback on various watch forums and about 200 on ebay (as Mark020). Watch and me are in the Netherlands. If required contact via phone/whatsapp/insta(Markk020)/Linkedin possible.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Primato – poor man’s Heuer Autavia
Re: FS: Primato – poor man’s Heuer Autavia
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE