The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

Counterfeit Watchers Discussion Forum

A forum for identifying and avoiding wholly or partially non-authentic wristwatches -- including counterfeit, replica, Frankenwatches and other fake or bastardized pieces. Our objective here is to DISCOURAGE the sales and purchase of counterfeit wristwatch and jewelry products. It is also for helping people identify watches that are mostly authentic, but have been: altered for personal customization, repaired with inappropriate parts or modified to be passed off as more valuable pieces.

Including a photo of the piece you are talking about ALWAYS helps! You can learn how to post a photo here: How To Include Photos In Your Postings. 'For sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Links to Internet auctions are acceptable only if their purpose is to question the authenticity of a product or provide new clues for identifying counterfeit products. Links that appear to be 'shills' promoting the sale of counterfeit products will be deleted. Links to websites of sellers of counterfeit items are not permitted -- we know they are out there and do not need to be encouraging them by sending traffic to their sites. Privacy, additional policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

Re: Klaus Kobec watches
In Response To: Klaus Kobec watches ()

: I have read your article concerning these watches being a 'scam'. I
: have a Klaus Kobec which my wife bought for me. It looks like a
: quality watch to me. I have seen one or two counterfeit watches
: in my time and this isn't one of them! Also, these watches are
: sold legitimately on the British TV QVC shopping channel. I
: hardly think they would be selling dodgy goods on television -
: as a representative of the company sits in with the presenter
: for a full hour while the watches are presented.

: I am surprised that Klaus Kobec have not pursued you on this matter
: as they are being presented as 'rip-off' merchants, which, on
: the evidence of my timepiece, they are clearly not.

I cant find the threads you are refering to, but you wont find a Klaus Kobec conterfit, its a brand invented for QVC and magazine promotion plain and simple.
They do over sell them on QVC as being designer etc, they are not, however the RRP's they suggest are just stupid, they were showing a Tag "inspired" watch maybe a month ago, the RRP was about £50 less than the TAG. They are not, never have been & never will be in the same league as QVC suggest when they sell them. They are of similar quality to Timex, Sekonda, Rotary etc but with a bit more attention paid to the case design. Dodgy ? No not like a Thai market Rolex. As good as they make them out on the TV? No, but for £100-£150 and that is all they would ever be sold for they are not bad.

At the end of the day you like it, thats all that matters

Messages In This Thread

Klaus Kobec watches
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE