The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
imitation casings

Hi,

Some days ago i read a contribution on price levels at a German auction in the Black Forest.
Yesterday I visited Holland's number one used watch show.

There were less Heuers on this show than I expected. I saw 5 Autavias. Prices ranged from USD 700,- -USD 900,-. I saw one Carrera for approx. USD 900,-, one NOS white Cortina with box for USD 1500,- , one mint Montreal for USD 1500,-. No Monacos or other types.

Interesting detail: there was a standholder offering new cases for certain Heuers ( Montreal,Carrera, Autavia) incl. dials.Quality was good. In talking to a Heuer expert I was told that they were copies from Poland.They also had casings for Omega, Zenith etc.also lots of crowns. Sorry, no Autavia bezels.

Poland is no part of the European Community yet, but will be next year. I wouldn't be surprised when these casings will appear on Ebay soon ( there is no Ebay Poland as far as I know but it will come sooner or later). So when this happens, you know what to ask.

Greetings from a sunny Holland.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE