The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A "Chuck's tip" for collectors...

A "Chuck's tip" for collectors...

I ordered some links today for a bracelet for a watch I had bought a while back. The watch, while not in Mint, Near Mint or New shape was in pretty good shape. Now I always scrutinize a watch before I go out the door wearing it, especially if I'm going to be doing anything near hard surfaces and usually I replace certain components, just in case if I have any reason to suspect the reliability of the component in question.

In this instance, since the bracelet was so short, I hadn't bothered to do the inspection until today. Here is what I found (on the right)...

Which one's would you like to be on your several Hundred/Thousand Dollar watch, keeping in mind that they are the only things holding your watch to your wrist?

Actually these springbars were in much more usable shape than many I see, but when you can get brand new high quality springbars very cheaply in quantity 100 lots, doesn't it make sense to inspect the springbar's on any watch you buy before you wear it?

Food for though...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE