The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It's only fair...
In Response To: Re: If Jon's not interested... ()

Well, thank you for giving me the first chance at it Chuck. I've had a few deals slip through my fingers by people who bought and sold behind my back, and your honesty refreshing.

Eh, I have enough things on my table most of the time, I don't have the time to do that sort of thing. Besides, I find it much better to keep cordial relations, or at least try to...

Some good news for the both of us is that I am currently pursuing yet another Pulsar LED, and so my watch funds for the month are tied up.

Just an observation... It sounds like you already have a Pulsar LED or two, yet there can't be many of these around... You sure about this? Perhaps, if Ralf can see it it's still available, maybe he can put it on Lay-away.

Long story short, Ralph, it looks like you've found a buyer in Chuck. Congrats to the both of you, and I'll get my own eventually.

Well, My problem is that I have quarterly Income Taxes to make next week (monday). So I can't move until the middle of next week at the very earliest, and maybe not then.

What a great forum, where we can bounce around a topic for a week and come up with rare watch for sale.

Well, actually we need to talk about that... We've been pretty easy going about the WTB and FS posts so far. We don't want this to turn into another Sales forum.

But, here is the schtick. I'd like a chance at it, if it's still available, and you aren't interested, even after you get a chance to make a play for it on next months watch budget.

I mean I like unusual chronographs (I own an Omega Chrono-Quartz, aka Albatross, aka Scoreboard), but I am not a true collector like it sounds like you are. It sounds like it should belong in your collection. I can wait for another one. It won't kill me.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE