The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Indeed, the Year-End Postings Were HUGE!!

Yes, people want to do what is quick and easy, so we see the dominance of Facebook and Instagram. Indeed, FB and IG are amazing platforms, at least for the quick / high level postings.

People used to spend hours or even days putting together good postings, whether a weekly "Scan Day" or an annual "Year in Review". And there were in-depth discussions, through which the community developed a lot of fantastic information.

Now, we have these things called "blogs" for long-form postings, and FB and IG for the quick postings, and the forums are all struggling, somewhere in the middle. When you look at many of the forums, you will see that the in-depth discussions have been replaced by a lot of the quickie / chat type of postings.

The good news is that we still have our archives, with 100,000 searchable postings. But I do miss the discussions on the forum.

I sometimes wonder what we could accomplish with modern forum software, and the migration of all our postings to that new platform. Perhaps worth exploring.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff and John

: A really miss the long and deep forum discussion that has been
: substituted by fast picture rich FB and IG postings.

: During the coming days I will try to put together a posting
: covering my Heuer life in 2019.

: Let’s join forces!

: Peter. Denmark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE