The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
And You Can Offer Rights to the "Shauntavia" Name
In Response To: Campaign to get it made? ()

Over the years, we have seen lots of folks playing with the Photoshop, on the vintage Heuers and other brands as well.

It's difficult to recall all the favorites, but there is definitely something really nice about this one. It's the look of the Shauntavia in a moderate size case. To me, the big question is whether TAG Heuer can fit a chronograph movement in a reasonable size case, with the bezel for an Autavia. Or does it get bloated, in the dimension across the dial and the thickness.

With the Skipper Limited Edition from Hodinkee, and the Fargment Carrera, we saw reasonable size chronographs in the "Glass Box" cases. I wonder what happens when we try to add a rotating bezel to the mix? Hmm??

We can draw up a simple license agreement allowing TAG Heuer to use the "Shauntavia" name.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I do agree that :
: 1) this dial design would be so cool!
: 2) the new Autavia Isographe proportions work work better than the
: “Re-edition” to capture the original Rindt Autavia look and
: feel

: So lets hope it can be made!
: Let’s all send it to @tagheuer .... #tagheuerpleasemakethis

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE