The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Looks Good to Me
In Response To: Re: Looks Good to Me ()

: UPDATE-

I am told that some 11i movements (where “i” means improved) were used in Mark 6 Sifferts. To help the watchmakers that assembled the new watches(?) and/or for servicing they put a small arrow under a lug to flag that it was the case for the caliber 11i. Then at the start of caliber 12 production, Heuer put 2 arrows on the case to flag that. Is this correct?

Hi all, I’m looking at a Mark 6 Siffert with serial 24xxxx, it
: has a cal 11i movement whereas the Autavia reference table
: seemingly says it should have a 12? There is a single arrow on
: the case lug, which I understand may denote the cal 11i?

: Id welcome views on whether the offers watch is correct, or whether
: the movement has been changed/swapped in at some point? It’s
: full price so needs to be correct.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE