The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Eonidas?

Hi guys,

I got so much help and kind words about my Viceroy from you all and especially from Jeff, so I am making a new post here :)

You see, I have found a nice 73363 at an auction site. I asked a fellow watch collector with more knowledge about Heuers than I have about it. He answered that it looks nice but he was a bit confused about the marking on the chrono bridge which says "HEUER EONIDAS", the "L" in "LEONIDAS" is not there. Might be a bit hard for you to see but is there any chance that it has been polished or brushed away in some way? Or is it maybe a fake? I also notice that some of the screw heads seems to be damaged. Is this something to be worried about? I mean, since the "L" is missing and the screw heads looks the way they do, have the movement been serviced by a very unskilled watch-maker so one should be worried about the mechanical state of it?

Cheers,
Hans

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE