The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dashboard Timers - Keeping me sane in lockdown!

Hello all!

So as promised in my recent thread on the silver Autavia 11630 I've just finished, here are a few pictures of my main passion - the Heuer Dash timer range.

All timers here have been restored by myself and the vast majority come from a huge haul of timers and spares that I was lucky enough to purchase throughout last year. The story is that the seller (now another friend in the community!) used to run a large service center that dealt with many of these timers. These are the left overs from decades of service work, stashed away and forgotten about when they became basically worthless in the late 80's. The guys wife was going to throw them in the bin! Through a chance purchase of a dial from the seller via eBay, we got to chatting and the end result was me buying everything he had - he is still digging out dash timers fairly regularly & I make the 8-hour round drive to collect them as he finds them.

Here are some pictures of restorations completed in the last year (most during lockdown!), some pictures of a couple on my 1972 Speedwell Mini Clubman, some of customers cars and some pictures of the spares Ive collected (again 90% from this one contact!) Lots of brand new dials, cases, hands, moment bits. And a few of my Autavia in bits during restoration also. Hopefully they all post!

1st, in HQ, the most recent haul, collected 2 days before UK lockdown! This is the lot thats kept me busy recently

Next, a few from late last year, when I had access to my good camera (its currently stuck at another house that I cant visit due to lockdown)

Now onto random photos of restorations during lockdown (some waiting for crystals which I can't get currently):

Lovely early Radium dial set:

Brand new set for the military, never used - just restoring the Monte Carlo hands to complete:

Spares!

Mid Resto pictures:

Lockdown Trio:

Finally, On The Dash!

Thanks a lot all! Vic

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE