The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monte-Carlo Medley

Hi All,

Another dash timer posting! Ive just finished restoring a group of Monte Carlo timers; a variety of different types from the early 3 button range and later 2 button range. We have 5 of each type, with a twin set of each type also. The two black 2 button timers on black backplates are brand new old stock!

Also included are a few close up pictures of an early Monte that I located on eBay Italy - it is in stunning condition and has all original stamped paperwork - the seller (a fountain pen collector!) tells me that he bought it years ago at a small second hand shop in a town called Arezzo. It had been used for a parts watch so had a few movement parts missing, but its now fully restored. Unusual, in that it was sold new in 1970 when the 2 button variant had been current for 3 years already. It also has a rather rare Tachy scale dial. Its a keeper!

Group photos first, featuring my 11630 Silver Dial Autavia:

And a few of the Italian Monte:

Have a good Sunday all! Vic

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE