The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: "Andretti" (Autavia 3646) Issued by Argentina Air Force?

Just plucking this old thread out of the depths as this came up today-an AAF 3646.
https://www.chrono24.com/heuer/autavia--id15381489.htm?goal_searchtask_mail=1&utm_source=C24SM&utm_medium=EMail&utm_content=SearchResults&utm_campaign=SavedSearch&utm_term=AdImageLink

Not sure if it's the same watch as the previous photos have been removed. This is listed as having 'Case number: 96'763, 0416' but I can't see the 0416 on the caseback. An interesting piece either way!

Best, Steve

: This Autavia is currently listed on eBay, with 1 say, 10 hours
: remaining on the auction --
: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231527921527

: My question is whether we have previously seen the Argentina Air
: Force markings on this version of the Autavia. We see these AAF
: markings on the 2446C, and on several of the automatic Autavias,
: but have we seen the marking on the 3646 (or 2446) screw-backs?

: Also, should there be a three digit number with this marking?

: Of course, it is difficult to be certain, but I am just wondering
: what the experts think about this one? Perhaps the Argentina Air
: Force began with these earlier models, but I can't recall seeing
: any of them previously.

: Thoughts? Thanks!!

: Jeff

:
:

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE