The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agree . . . This Will be a Great Release
In Response To: What a stunner! ()

I agree that this seems to be a great looking watch . . . looking forward to seeing it in the metal. As always, the photos from Hodinkee are amazing . . . so dramatic!!

I had written about this watch, when it was first shown, in January 2020, here -- http://www.onthedash.com/lvmh-watch-week-2020-news-20jan12/

To my eye, the most dramatic elements are the thick, black needles, contrasted with the beautifully built registers, with the silver finish. I'm also a big fan of the lume, with its "fauxtina".

Seems to me that, right now, there are a lot of Heuer enthusiasts playing the waiting game. Wondering whether TAG Heuer will issue a Panda version (SN) or the reverse Panda version (NS). To my way of thinking, it's a great thing that we are realistically looking forward to such options. This will be a limited edition of 1,860 watches, with the Silver dial, but we must assume that TAG Heuer will offer a "standard" edition, perhaps with a flat white dial. From there, we can hope for the contrasting registers, etc.

I am still loving my Fragment Carrera; would be tempting to add this one to the rotation, but got to be realistic about this . . . it's that damn waiting game.

Nice change in our way of thinking that we are applauding this new LE Carrera and actually looking forward to the release of additional models and executions. .

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Such a beatiful watch, the symmetric subdials make it look even
: purer than it already is by itself.
: If I could be allowed to nit-pick, I'd have used a slightly
: "fatter" font for the Carrera moniker and the Heuer
: shield, but I know I am really being fussy here ;-).
: Cheers,
: Fabrizio

:
:

: (photos courtesy of Hodinkee; used with permission)

Messages In This Thread

Hands-On Review of the 160th Anniversary Carrera
What a stunner!
Agree . . . This Will be a Great Release
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE