The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Camaro 12 configuration question

I am completely new here on this forum and hope someone can help me. I am a collector of vintage and new watches, but since some time I have become very interested in the Camaro 12s. I love the case shape and especially the 7220 NT with orange hands! In my search for a decent and correct one I came across quite a few that I cannot find referenced in the OnTheDash guides (or guides on other sites). If I would have found one or two I could imagine that these are frankenwatches, but I have found quite a lot in this specific configuration. The configuration is one with a bright red tachymeter scale, red chrono hand and all white subdial hands (instead of orange tachymeter scale and all orange chrono hands + white second hand).

Can anyone tell me if this has been a configuration that left the Heuer factories like this or are these all examples of using wrong service parts? Thanks so much for the help!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE