The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hard time identifying crown replacement 980.020 Professional

Hi there,

I've decided to fix up an old Heuer 1000 (980.020) and I'm having a bit of a hard time finding the right type of crown replacement. I wondered if anyone might be able to shine some light on the subject. It seems to be a push-down, but every replacement I can find seems to be screw down. Hmm

I'm also wondering whether the dial has tritium lume (no T-x-T on my dial, but every other 980.020X model does seem to have the tritium lume). It's been re-lumed at some point, but I'm just wondering what's underneath.

Any help much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread

Hard time identifying crown replacement 980.020 Professional
Try Justin at tag1000diver.com
Re: Try Justin at tag1000diver.com
Re: Try Justin at tag1000diver.com
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE