The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer NSA strap inquiry
In Response To: Re: Heuer NSA strap inquiry ()

Hello Niko - as Stephen states, the only one you can be certain of is the bracelet shown in the relevant years' catalogues.
Having said that, we know sometimes Heuer liked (or did not really opposed to) mixing and matching. From my own experience a remarkable example on bracelets is the latter day, L5100-based Carrera in stainless steel (ref. 510.523). When I owned it, I agonized at first that the supposedly legit bracelet is one in jubilee style, but by far the vast majority of those found "in the wild" are with a very different bracelet, with thick plain elements (called "brick"-style if memory does not fail me). Mine came with the latter, and sooner than later I learnt to live with it and enjoy the watch.
So in the end, remember the watch is first of all its head - and by the way the bracelet shown in the picture you posted may not the official one but it does suit the watch very well.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE