The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: early 90's Tag 2000 auto chrono...

: Hi, I may have access to one of these, looking
: for opinions on a fair price: The watch in
: question is an early 90's Tag 2000, ETA with
: a Lemania 283 chrono module. condition is TZ
: VG, except some excessive case back
: scratches. Orig box and papers included,
: orig retail sticker on box, ($1600). Runs
: and functions fine but never has been
: serviced. Approximate value ??

Hi

2000 series is not very collectable currently so price shouldn't be too steep. A service is expensive for this watch as the chrono module is very difficult to deal with. I understand that some repairers throw away your original and put a new one on as this is the cheapest way. I had my 2000 serviced and sealed by Tag here in the UK 2 years ago. I think the cost was about £250 and included replacement of the crystal and they replaced the back (though I don't know why).

I got it serviced when it started to gain time to the tune of 3 mins a day.

If the one you are looking at has not been serviced then you must budget for this.

Good luck

Bruce

Messages In This Thread

early 90's Tag 2000 auto chrono...
Re: early 90's Tag 2000 auto chrono...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE