The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Jo Siffert's Monaco
In Response To: Re: Jo Siffert's Monaco ()

Thanks Bruce, I too have bought many watches from Werner, and actually requested that he find me a Monaco from what he usually termed an academy, which i assumed was a waiting list from what he meant. He eventually did and then gave me the Siffert info. Werner is the best and most reliable dealer I have ever dealt with. Thanks for the info, I have forwarded pictures for Jeff to put on the site.

Regards
Billy

: Hi all,

: I've coreesponded with Billy on this point. It
: is a blue face white register Monaco ie
: McQueen version. Great stuff Billy !

: In the book "A French Kiss With
: Death" Derek Bell talks about a Monaco
: that Steve actually gave him during the
: filming of Le Mans.

: I understand that McQueen had a cache of
: Monacos that Heuer gave him, to give out on
: the film set. Nice early example of product
: placement and style leaders being supplied
: with goods.

: This may help explain the recent dearth of
: Monacos with dubious links to the 1970 Le
: Mans and being claimed as the one McQueen
: wore.....!

: Cheers

: Stewart.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE