The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No Commissions / No Promotions

Jim:

NO -- I do not get commissions, and have never exchanged the first nickel with this seller.

NO -- I do not think that I was "promoting" his auction.

I was only attempting to raise for discussion this interesting piece, which had been the subject of previous discussions and inquiries. And it was hardly "hidden" on ebay -- no typo in the spelling of "Heuer"; no addition of the word "TAG".

I assume that anyone who reads this Discussion Forum will realize that anyone posting a message might be a "shill" (promoting the item on behalf of the seller) or might be a prospective bidder (disparaging the item in hopes of buying it cheap).

Maybe we should reconsider this open forum / free flowing / libertarian approach. I am a firm believer in open discussion and the free flow of information. I write now only to verify my independence (from the seller) and to let you in on my thinking in posting the message. I will admit -- I did not think about it for too long, as it seemed like an obvious subject for the forum.

Thanks, as always.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff, do you get a selling commission for
: promoting this sale on the forum? My point
: being that pointing out this auction to the
: forum members is nice from an informational
: standpoint, but it certainly does a total
: dis-service to those wishing to bid as it it
: brings in more possible bidding competitors
: and will ultimately raise the selling price
: that the buyer has to pay.

: I know it is a fine line that is walked with
: the information that is shared here. My
: opinion is that it should not be done unless
: the watch is an obvious fake and alerting
: the public is for the best. If it is going
: to be an open discussion, let's have a total
: auction discussion forum chat area and
: monitor all watches for sale. It will result
: in raising( or lowering in some cases) the
: prices for all Heuer watches in our
: collections.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE