The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Slippery Slopes Can be Lots of FUN!!
In Response To: Re: Slippery Slope ()

Slippery Slopes can be lots of fun, if they are snow-covered, under blue skies, and you know how to ski . . . and of course, we should keep in mind that Heuer was absolutely dominant in the timing of ski racing!!

Maybe I am naive or hopelessly optimistic, but it seems to me that as long as we have a "community" of reasonably honest, like-minded, mutually-supportive, respectful enthusiasts, then we can get by with fewer rules and limits. We will see when the "bad guys" show up, we can recognize them fairly easily, and then decide how to proceed.

This is a much-discussed topic in the world of discussion forums, and this is just my $.02 [I've always wanted to use that phrase].

Let's keep our eyes on the slope, as we go around the bends, and see how it goes. If we get too many bad skiers or the slopes get too crowded, we may need to change the rules.

Above all, let's keep in mind that this is a hobby for most of us, and is supposed to be FUN.

I do appreciate all the views expressed above in this chain, and THANK EVERYONE for participating.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE