The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Two FRAUD warnings today
In Response To: Two FRAUD warnings today ()

: Jeff,

I was also contacted by the American E-bayer- let's call him Mr.A- who was offered the Calculator.

If you remember I wrote "Beware of Monaco Imposters" to the forum some weeks ago.Mr. A had remembered this and contacted me with the details.

Well, I checked the website to which Mr. A was referred to, to make the payment. Not to my surprise the website looked very much like the one used some weeks ago.The website I mentioned some weeks ago (escrow-agent.net) has been closed by the legimite Escrow now after I made them aware of this fraude.
Now however, probably the same person has set-up a new one. It is called www.goods-trade.com and also raises the impression they are part of Escrow.I contacted Escrow today and they confirmed that they have nothing to do with this.They will again try to close him down.

Eventually this will happen. However, how long will it take him/her/ them to set up a new one?

Another coincidence: again an address in Italy , like last time.

How can we stop these people.

Only thing I can do for the readers is give some key-words how to recognize these people. Some keywords are:

- they contact you after you lost a Heuer E-Bay auction
- They act as if they are affiliated to Escrow and have a fake website instructing you were to post your Western Union payment
- location; Rome or Pisa in Italy
- write quite some typos in their e-mails as their English is far from 100%.

Does anybody else have a suggestion how to let them stop? E-mail me if you have further questions on these people.I will be glad to assistor contact Escrow to close one down again. They still owe me money and I will not rest until they are brought to justice or have no money left to open another pathetic website.

Ron

Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE