The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I set up mine a couple of weeks ago and it's easy!
In Response To: Testing Password Protection ()

Testing . . . one, two, three . . . Testing. I just wanted to test Password system; it's easy; just set it up, and it requires password to post under the name and e-mail address. Sorry that we must now recommend using the locks on the doors, but we seem to have had our first intrusion / prowler / thief. I suppose that we did well to get six months and over 1,000 messages before someone seriously abused the system. Jeff

I just wanted to mention, that I finally got around to setting up my profile and password a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't a hassle at all, and the nice thing about it is that unlike TZ's Beta site, Chronocentric's cookies system actually works so that if you click on the "save password" checkbox, that machine will automagically save your password so you never have to enter it on that machine.

Now if you regularly use a public access machine you might want to leave this box alone, but for personal machines it's fine.

Once you've done this, it's seemless and your posting name is secure.

I highly recommend it.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE