The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Is this the worst Heuer ever?

I have just received my latest purchase - an LCD chronograph model no. 980.010. Sorry no pics but it is illustrated on page 12 of the 1979 Heuer catalogue posted here "On the Dash".

I have collected quality LCD's for over five years and the quality of this watch is just dreadful!

I also received another purchase - Heuer Kentucky LCD the previous day and there is no comparison. The Kentucky is beautifully produced and a quality item like the Manhattan yet all three of these watches were available in the same catalogue.

Did Heuer lose there way with the new 1970's LCD technology or did they also produce rubbish mechanical watches from time to time?

The watch was not expensive and I am not upset to have bought it as it is all part of the learning curve. I am just disappointed a watch bearing the Heuer name can be so poor.

I know that most of you guys are into mechanical rather than digital watches but I just thought I would share this with you.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE