The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Written discourse regarding Mary Legried

This is in regards to the "return to owner" inscription on the rear of Chuck's timepiece. That is if you can locate the owner, not likely in this situation. Also, in response to the story that wrote itself, the "natural light" in the best posted photos, and the traveling of "Mary's watch". And with special thanks to the worldwide net, I will start by relaying a written discourse by Mary Legried, I believe circa 1977, on a flight to or from New York City.

This feels like Eckankar,
Soul traveling through air on a 727.
I may never get there from here,
and I'm not sure that I care......
I have my poetry
and all my cameras,
everything that I can use in my next life.

And I carry all that love from below

up here
I feel like the world is hugging me.

Mary Legried (untitled)

To be honest with you, I had to "Google" "Eckankar" today. What the heck was Eckankar?

I knew Mary as a Photographer, in "Mad City" in 1981. She had given me some of her written discourse and turned me on to the hobby of photography with the purchase of a Pentax K-1000. I came across Mary's written discourse last week while beginning a basement cleaning of getting rid of my ancient clutter or as my better half would say, "more material for the fire pit!" So I "Googled" Mary Legried, to see where she traveled to. Bringing me to today, at this precise moment, although the moments are currently ticking away, on my Fossil F2 ES-8862 watch, given to me years before by my daughter to replace my "hair and freckle" timepiece. I believe Mary probably became ascetic (highly unlikely), or she translated (more likely). Mary would have been buried wearing that watch, so possibly a grave digger is responsible for getting it to its present location. I also believe Mary "soul traveled" to Chuck's, "bilocation", to help him write his discourse on her watch and to assist him in shooting his "priceless" photos.
Peace and Love to all you timekeepers out there.
P.S. Mary, if you see or hear about this in your "travels", give me a holler, I'll listen for you in the wind and breathe in your aura...the watch is still ticking...thanks to Chuck's love for a good timepiece.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE