The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Montreal with luminous markers *LINK*

hi

at last, on ebay, a correct blue dial Montreal with luminous markers has turned up. previously all blue Montreals, that i have seen, have had the dial with applied markers. this version has only existed as a side note in a 1973 catalogue, and did begin to wonder if it existed at all.

why i should bother anyone with this small detail is the huge quantity of NOS Montreal cases with newly made dials that have been for sale at many watch fairs and on ebay. these have had luminous markers that were incorrectly proportioned, no frame round the date window and were not even the correct shade of blue.

so, take your chance and check out what a blue Montreal should look like without applied markers so you can be sure you're not buying a frankenwatch in the future.

by the way, all PVD cased Montreals had black dials and black chapter rings, all gold plate Montreals have champagne dials and chapter rings, whilst stainless cased Montreals could have blue and white, all black, black and white or white and black dials with matching chapter rings. hopefully this will be of some help if you were thinking of buying an NOS case.

by the way i have no connection or interest in any of the ebay auctions that may have been mentioned.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE