The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: a bit off subject, integrated bracelets--

: Bruce, Jeff,
: Have seen two different bracelets on Daytona's
: > eralier ones had a more heavy model the
: later ones had a light version > more
: pleasant to wear..
: what's your view, think heuer used to put
: pressure on their suppliers and buying
: cheaper parts..for different
: lifecycles..Best AMH

Hi Mike

i too have seen one Daytona with what seemed to be the correct bracelet, but with all solid links. although it fitted reasonably well, the links that connect the bracelet to the case are thicker than those of the folded centre link bracelet (which all other Daytonas i've seen have had fitted) consequently the top links stick out where they foul the case. i think the solid link bracelet i've seen was from a Breitling Transocean. this would make sense given the quantity of NOS Breitling cases about and the fact that no one wants a Transocean.

i'm sure Heuer, like many other manufacturers, used a variety of sources for there parts, so there may well be no absolute in this case.

where have you cone accross a Daytona with a solid link bracelet?

Bruce

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE