The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: another Typo
In Response To: Re: another Typo ()

: http://www.chasy-shop.ru/cat_hm2.html

: another typo ??

Which one are you referring to? If it is the Heuer Bund, it is correct as far as the dial is concerned. If you are referring to the Leonidas it is correct in that is states only "Leonidas". But I didn't see any 1940's "Heuer Leonidas SA" which you first wanted an opinion on. To be completely truthfull with you I have never seen a correct wrist chronograph with the dial signature of "Heuer Leonidas SA". Now to qualify my statement. I collect Heuer with over 200 in my collection. Out of these, 15 are chronographs from 1930's to the 1950's. I have made a study of the movement signatures, case signatures and dial signatures. I don't have to ask anyone concerning the early Heuers if a certain one is correct or incorrect. I already know. I do have collectors asking me if I think a certain early 1930's to 1950's is correct. Charles

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE