The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Identifying my Heuer

My wife bought me an apparently vintage Heuer for an engagement gift. It is a mans automatic wristwatch and the seller, who is more of a jewellry guy than a watch guy, told her it was made around the late 40's. Is there any online reference to the automatics I could use to identify it?

It is a mans automatic wristwatch with arabic numerals and a case diameter of about 31mm. The dial could have been silver or white, or maybe off-white, the numerals appear to be gold coloured and there is a Heuer logo with "Automatic" underneath in the top half of the dial and "21 jewels" in the lower half. Unfortuantely it leaks a lot so the dial is not in the best shape.

It has a screw back with "swiss made automatic antimagnetic" and "waterproof all stainless steel incabloc" around the edge of the back. The number 2550265 is stamped in the back, would this be a serial number?

Ideally I would like to get the watch repaired so that it doesn't leak as currently I can't even wash my hands with it on. However, before that I would really like to be able to know what it is. Any help very gratefully received, thanks.

Messages In This Thread

Identifying my Heuer
"Bumper" Automatic
Re: "Bumper" Automatic
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE