The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Not that rare
In Response To: Re: Not that rare ()

No they are not. See the pictures of 3 Montreal I posted earlier. The rarest of the Montreals is the Gold one with gold plated case, gold dial, gold indice, gold pushers and crown. I have two Black dials, one white dial, one blue dial (correct) which is having the movement repaired, and the gold dial. I have posted the a black, white and gold to the Forum. Of course all NOS Heuer are desirable and being NOS should have the Reference number and sn between the lugs. If they are NOS and don't, then something is wrong. I have purchase dog Montreal strickly for the movement parts. I have also done this with Autavia. These two Heuer models do have rare models within the group but not all of them are rare. Charles

: Friends, personally I believe Montreals get vey
: rare, especially nos original ones with ref
: and serial number at least I can find them
: anymore.
: Most watches I see are put together and on the
: cheaper one the pushers are not original and
: the case seems quite worn, the white dial
: one I have seen new old stock only once and
: also the blue/blue version is very
: desireable.Think will see really good ones
: in this price rage in the future.Best AMH

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE