The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 1163T / "Siffert" Model *LINK*
In Response To: is it safe to assume... ()

Here is the one in my collection. Not exactly NOS or mint, but an honest example that I purchased from the original owner, who bought it new and wore it only on special occasions. [I guess we have all heard that line a few times.]

The link below will show you three versions of the 1163T . . . I would say that all the 1163Ts are rare . . . rarest of the three versions is the "Chronomatic" version, as worn by Jo Siffert.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: that the 1163t is a rare version? thanks for
: the response, btw. you don't happen to have
: one in your collection? or a pic? i can
: visualize what you described, but i'm better
: at pics than worded descriptions. also, i'm
: following your advice to take the
: description with a grain of salt.

: j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE