The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
70's Heuer boxes/catalogs

Hello, I am new to this forum and am very pleased to see a Heuer discussion group. I currently own a 1974 model Heuer chrono with a Valjoux 7765 manual wind movement. I am looking for a vintage box (any 1970's pre-TAG box will serve my purpose) for my watch. Any ideas (patiently looking on Ebay)? Like many owners, my original band is MIA and I am looking for an original bracelet or strap (I know, it's going to cost me) but right now I do have a nice Croc skin strap. Also, are there any old catalogs or collector books which specifically list model names and numbers? Watch books with information on Heuer are very scarce in the USA--only a few pages devoted to them in most of my references, and then most of it centers around the Monaco and Carrera. I see a lot of 1970's era watches on web sites and ebay that are just identified as a "Heuer chronograph". Surely these watches have model names? Hey, maybe not.
Thanks, any help would be great.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE