The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
but this one went off ebay about an hour ago

. . . and here is an Autavia that was on ebay until about one hour ago, when this guy Chuck Maddox brought it home for the OnTheDash team.

Chuck: Congratulations on the winning bid. We have one of this version shown OnTheDash, from the AMH collection, but it's always good to see more examples. This one seems to be very rare, so it's good to see it go to one of the "good guys".

I have not studied the bid list to see whether there were other OnTheDash participants chasing it, so I will apologize in advance if this note of congratulations is bittersweet for other readers.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Boy, there sure are a lot of Autavias on eBay
: all of a sudden! I just thought I would
: mention it in case anyone was looking...

: -- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE