The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thanks Jeff... I didn't recognize any of the...

: Chuck: Congratulations on the winning bid. We
: have one of this version shown OnTheDash,
: from the AMH collection, but it's always
: good to see more examples. This one seems to
: be very rare, so it's good to see it go to
: one of the "good guys".

Thanks Jeff. I had been pretty locked in on that one since I first saw it listed. I had missed one about 8-10 months ago on a dealer's site and had been looking. But I hadn't noticed the virtual and actual multitude of Autavia's on eBay at the moment. The current crop is the largest number I've seen listed in about two or three years (SERIOUSLY)... I thought I should mention it, because the pickings have been slim lately otherwise...

For the record I didn't post to toot my own horn...

: I have not studied the bid list to see whether
: there were other OnTheDash participants
: chasing it, so I will apologize in advance
: if this note of congratulations is
: bittersweet for other readers.

I didn't see any of the usual suspects in the bidding list myself, a couple of low feedback number types but myself and the other two top bidders had feedbacks above 65 anyway, so hopefully I haven't paid too dear of a price.

Thanks for the congrats... I'll be sure to post some snaps when I get her home!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE