The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I think that 2446c gmt is better than mine!

: as a few of you know i just started collecting
: heuers. so i don't have much to share, but
: this "heuer first" is right up my
: alley, so to speak. so here it is, my first
: heuer in that it is marked heuer on the
: dial. my only other heuer is a seafarer and
: as you know, isn't marked heuer at all.
: 2446c gmt. not near as nice as the ones i've
: seen on otd, and here. didn't have the
: original bracelet, but at my level, you have
: to be happy with what you can get. anyway,
: hope you enjoy as i enjoy all of your pics
: and insights immensely! thanks.

I think that 2446c gmt is better than mine! Mine doesn't have a bracelet either... I can almost see putting my 1960's Autavia's on bracelet's if I had access to 'em, but I couldn't bring myself to put a bracelet on a 1960's Carrera (or the re-editions) they are more "Strap watches" in my mine.

The tough part of the GMT Heuers is finding one with a cherry Bezel. It sort of breaks the mold of other watches where dials are most important. My bezel is faded a bid compared tiwh yours, and your lugs look to be very crisp and frosty. Again, mine isn't bad, but I think yours is nicer.

Thank you for sharing!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE