The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Super Autavia Prices
In Response To: Super Autavia T 25 MC ()

Shaun:

Interesting question, and also interesting that you may be moving from the wrist chronographs to the dashboard guys.

It is always hazardous to discuss values, but here is a summary / expansion of what I wrote to someone recently, in response to a similar inquiry:

• At the moment, I see the Index of 1.0 set at around $1000, maybe slightly higher . . . these things seem hot lately, with a $1600 Master Time and an $1800 Monte Carlo (NOS) marking two recent highs.
  • This tells me that a typical Super Autavia, in excellent condition, should be selling in the $1500 range (average between ebay and dealer prices).
  • This seems about right, with a couple of the later ones (more common), in nice condition, going in the $1100 to $1400 range.
  • Good early ones are extremely rare, and a reasonable estimate might be $1500 to $1700, if you can even find them.

These are very "rough" estimates, and I would welcome other views on the subject of Super Autavia prices or recent trends in Heuer prices, generally.

Good luck as you struggle with the dashboard "bug" . . . they really are neat timepieces.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Guys

: I have been collecting Heuer wristwatches for a
: while, but must admit have been a bit
: perplexed about the enthusiasm for dash
: timers. Heretic I hear you say, but I have
: recently seen two Super Autavia T 25 MC for
: sale and began to see the attraction.

: But can you give me some guidance on a fair
: price to pay ? I have seen on the ref table
: that these are a 1.5 ish but I have no idea
: of the baseline price.

: thanks
: shaun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE