The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
rallying

It took me some time, but now I have my pair of plastic master time and monte carlo. I have a autavia and knew that I would love the monte carlo. But i am really amazed how beautifully it is made. Give me a strap and I will put it on my wrist...

But now for the questions. I drive in historical rallyes in a Lancia Fulvia HF. I am building the group 4 dash as rallyed in the monte's in the 70-ties. I will be using it on multi day events. My questions:
- I have the plastic version. How do I make sure the watch does not fall off its backplate. The locking mechanism seems to be soso.
- Could anybody help me with one extra plastic backplate?
- The master time is the quartz version. Not so nice mechanically, but keeps the perfect time. The bezel does not have any marks except one marker. Is this correct?
- My monte carlo has a 60-second bezel. Anybody want to swap to a decimal bezel. Or even better, does anybody have a decimal bezel for sale?
- What does T<25mc mean?

I will see if I can get some pictures. I will post them here.

Looking forward to your comments....

Messages In This Thread

rallying
Some Answers *LINK*
Re: Some Answers
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE