The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: when did the "2000" line first appear?

The first Heuer 2000's -
this bears some discussion I think, as the early models were very nice compared to the recent models.

Does anyone have any accurate indication of the first years of these? I estimate 1982-83 also. I am certain that they were labeled "Heuer" as opposed to "TAG-Heuer", consistent with Colin J's estimate and those that I own, and scan postings by SCARDS22 recently. The sketch posted by Colin J is interesting - what is the history there?

As a nice example, posted by SCARDS22 back on 10/14/03, down the list in his scanned collection are two very nice automatic chronographs, labeled Heuer (ie not yet TAG) - see
http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?read=1426
In particular the bracelets on these stand out, with a heavy, D-shaped link, like the Rolex President style. Since those early days, I believe pre-1987 or so, the 2000 bracelets are no where near as nice (although some F1's continued to use a similar steel bracelet).

Chuck Maddox has posted some French and German chronograph flyers on his website as well, with identical looking watches as SCARDS22's but labeled TAG-Heuer so I will assume a bit later, like 1986-1987.

I have two of these myself, identical except one is Heuer and one TAG-Heuer, and quartz chronographs which I prefer. Thanks to Chuck's numerous catalogs on his site, I know that the model number on the TAG version is 262.206, although it is not physically marked as such.

I would greatly appreciate any other discussion or information on the topic as in my opinion these early 2000s were really great examples.

Thanks
Bill

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE