The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Blue Monte Carlo *LINK*

Hi Jeff, hi all

Recently acquired a blue Monte Carlo, just like the one of the linked "on the dash" page (ref. 110.503BC), with original iron bracelet. The crown is not original and I would say that the general condition is 6.5/10

And also, I'm sure that it is a caliber 12 (opened it, it's gold plated and has "Heuer CAL 12" engraved.

Do you think it is a "fake", in the sense that originally, no blue Montreals with calber 12 were made ? (in the list for Montreals of "on the dash", no caliber 12 is mentioned...).

Also, what would you say it would be a fair reserve price if I were to seel it on e-bay ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Regards,

Dop

Messages In This Thread

Blue Monte Carlo *LINK*
Re: Blue Monte Carlo
Forget the "Monte Carlo" ref. it IS a MONTREAL... *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE