The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Blue Monte Carlo
In Response To: Blue Monte Carlo *LINK* ()

Hi Dop,

I presume you mean Montreal not Monte Carlo. The 110.503 that is shown on the onthedash website is actually mine. So I can confirm they did make a blue dialled Montreal with luminous markers. If you look in the pdf's of the catalogues I think it's mentioned in the '74 edition.

I think what may be confusing you is a typo in the onthedash master table which lists this watch as having a black face not a blue (note to Jeff/Chuck).

If you want to talk about value send me an email.

Matt

: Hi Jeff, hi all

: Recently acquired a blue Monte Carlo, just like
: the one of the linked "on the
: dash" page (ref. 110.503BC), with
: original iron bracelet. The crown is not
: original and I would say that the general
: condition is 6.5/10

: And also, I'm sure that it is a caliber 12
: (opened it, it's gold plated and has
: "Heuer CAL 12" engraved.

: Do you think it is a "fake", in the
: sense that originally, no blue Montreals
: with calber 12 were made ? (in the list for
: Montreals of "on the dash", no
: caliber 12 is mentioned...).

: Also, what would you say it would be a fair
: reserve price if I were to seel it on e-bay
: ?

: Thanks a lot for your answers.

: Regards,

: Dop

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE