The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Questions about the Photos
In Response To: Questions about the Photos ()

Chuck:

The story is great -- as we have come to expect from you.

Well, thank you, but this one kinda wrote itself! =)

But the questions are about the photographs, which are the very best that I have seen you post --

• usual camera (nikon 995)?

Yes...

• what set-up / light source?

Well, like the 510.xxx photo's I took these at the kitchen table. But I took them during the day instead of at night, so I had a mixture of incadesent and natural light.

• different technique / settings?

The only two other differences between the setup this week and last week, well... Three differences... (You're gonna laugh!):
  1. I used a tripod to allow me to get a steadier shot,
  2. I was only taking pictures of 1 watch instead of several at a time,
  3. I used my non shutter hand to block light where it was causing glare on the bezel! =) (sometimes the cheapest effects help the most)

• why do these photos look so "different"?

I don't know... I suppose it's a little bit of better light, better technique and a lower need for a wide depth of field.

Thanks for the photos (to be added to OTD) and the interesting story.

Not a problem! I wish I hadn't had so many techinical difficulties or I would have had them up earlier in the day. But at least I got them posted on Monday this week!

BTW... Should we have a special "Boxing Day (December 26) Scan Day for Christmas (or new) arrivals)?

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE