The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Pardon me for asking, but...
In Response To: Pardon me for asking, but... ()

: Thanks for your kind offer, Chuck. To my embarrassment, I have to confess that when the watchmaker told me that the 'main bearing' had gone and that repair was not financially worth considering, I took him at his word, and just left the watch with him. At the time I was not a collector, and just went out and treated myself to a new Tag Heuer 4000 (which still gets wrist time)Thanks again,
Martyn.

: WTB: Please help: men's heuer diver 980.013
: ... An early '80s watch, and my first ever
: 'quality' watch. Finally died on me many
: years ago after ten years continuous wear
: and I'm hankering after another one. Any
: help appreciated Pardon me for asking,
: but what happened to your original? We know
: of several outstanding watchmakers who might
: be able to breathe life into your old watch
: if you still possess it.

: -- Chuck Chuck Maddox ( Article index
: @
: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html
: )

Messages In This Thread

WTB: Please help: men's heuer diver 980.013
Pardon me for asking, but...
Re: Pardon me for asking, but...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE