The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It's Really Awful (In My Humble Opinion)
In Response To: Is It Realy That Bad?? ()

Bruce:

I hold you in the very highest regard as an expert on these old Heuers, a skilled detective, a committed restorer, a world-class photographer, and a really nice guy. That said, I cannot see how you defend this chronograph, even for a moment.

Studying the case, dial, hands, crown, pushers, inner bezel, and color scheme, I cannot see any element that is likely to have come from a real Heuer. Oddly, the most genuine looking element may be the movement, and it is difficult to be certain about that.

Am I missing something??

Best,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: hi guys

: as i previously said, i thiink it's one of the
: budget chronographs normally seen with a
: grey dial and 7733 or 7734 movement. it
: would seem to have had a previously unsigned
: dial fitted and the case has been polished
: to within an inch of it's life and has thus
: lost it's brushed finish. as for the pushers
: and crown, the best i can say is oh dear.

: anyway at least at heart it seems to be a Heuer
: and perhaps worth $250 given the grey dial
: versions usually struggle to reach $450.

: i hope the new buyer is happy but i feel they
: are unlikely to remain so once they've seen
: these postings.

: bruce

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE