The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fake 4's and waffles???

I think I have said , on the forum, that the only thing that sucks about the Monaco is the "gasket on the dial". But, today my question is someone must have made the decision to put the waffles on. There would be no reason that the indices would need replacing.They just pop on and off. Therefore there must be another reason . Perhaps Heuer made them up to replace their dials and had another dial maker produce them.My apologies to other members of this thread but I do not think these are "Fake" maybe not original but certainly not fake.
Just a thought.

: I'm pretty sure dial has been re-finished. Look
: at the Heuer-shield and Monaco font. Not
: enough detail and the middle U of Heuer is
: to rounded at the bottom too. Waffle-markers
: and and and...

: It's a great looking watch but not completely
: original at all...don't know sure about
: those hands but I wouldn't feel comfortable
: with them...

: Hope this helps,
: Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE